Saturday 29 June 2013

The hamster and the bow..

Hey all, two new things in my life right now. 

First of all, we got a hamster :) Meet Poppy:


I think she's cute and kids absolutely love her, I think having a pet is a great way to teach children about responsibility. My 22 month old adores her and waves at her saying 'Hello Poppy' which is absolutely heart melting. A word of warning, this hamster is quite noisy (the running wheel noise drives me mad at night!) but apart from that easy to maintain.  I was worried it would smell but I clean the cage out twice a week and it doesn't smell at all, I bought lemon wood shavings and a special cage disinfectant.

The second thing I have discovered is that I'm a crafty mummy.. I love making things :) I'm working on a scrap book for my daughter and I'm teaching myself how to make cute hair bows to attach to clips and head bands for my little princess to wear :) Fairly pleased with how my first attempts came out, what do you think?


I want to make a pinwheel style bow next, found a great tutorial on youtube by pinksofoxy and realised she had a blog too! Check it out:
http://pinksofoxy.blogspot.co.uk

If anyone knows any other good tutorials for making bows/hair accessories please leave the links in the comments xx

Toodles for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment