Thursday 30 May 2013

Garnier Ambre Solaire 'No Streaks' Dry Mist Self Tanning

Let's face it, a lot of us pale girls look a lot healthier with a subtle tan right? I personally can't stand having my milk-bottles legs out and with the summery weather beginning to appear I really wanted to have a go at fake tan.  I don't like sun beds because of the damage they do to your skin and being a busy Mummy I don't have time to lay in the garden cooking myself for hours.

After a browse and reading a few mixed reviews online I decided on trying the Garnier Ambre Solaire dry mist.  Luckily for me it was on special offer at tesco, I bought the body and face mist together for £12, the usual price is £11 for the body spray and £8 for the face mist (not the cheapest self-tanning on the market but sometimes you get what you pay for).

I had a shower and exfoliated with a shower puff like it says to on the bottle. I used St.Ives Apricot face scrub on my face. Having read a couple reviews most people recommended using a little moisturiser on dry areas such as knees and elbows so I thought it best to do that too.  I used Garnier Intense 7 days moisturiser in very small amounts.

What I found with this product was that you must make sure that you spray from 40cm away or further like it says on the bottle, if you spray too close to your skin you will end up looking a bit streaky.

I needed a second coat the following day to get the colour that I wanted.  I am quite fair so I used the light version of the spays.  I was very happy with the colour as I did not go orangey at all! It looked very natural and golden.  It gets easier to apply with practice and I must say, I am a complete novice when it comes to self tanning but I think I've been converted! I feel more confident about wearing summery clothes and dresses and I think that I look healthier with a little glow :) I definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants to give fake tan a go.

! - ALWAYS FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS - EXFOLIATE - SPRAY FROM A DISTANCE - IN A WELL VENTILATED PLACE - !

Happy Tanning Ladies and Gents! x

2 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for the Liebster award please see my blog for details i really love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely blog hun :) x
    http://lollylaura1991.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete